It’s the 6th annual Black Breastfeeding Week. This year, we say #LoveOnTop because love encompasses everything we do as parents from breastfeeding to nurturing others. Love is also how we survive grief, overcome breastfeeding and parenting challenges and why we practice good self-care. This year we invite you, your family and your community to put Love on Top of it all! Want more information? Check out the top five reasons we need a Black Breastfeeding Week.
Healthy Start, Inc. Community Education Calendar
Black Breastfeeding Week
August 25 - August 31
Nourishing our families, communities, and futures.
Attend 2 or more classes, and you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a gift basket!
You can now register for all of our Community Education classes online! Visit our Facebook page @HealthyStartPGH or go to www.healthystartpittsburgh.eventbrite.com. To register by phone, contact our main office at (412) 247-4009.
- Crafts | Let’s Get Creative! Learn creative ways to make various projects, while freeing your mind and exploring your creative side!
- Thinking Out of Your Box: Help Me! | Learn how to take on “hard times” and locate resources in or surrounding your community.
- Budgeting & Couponing | Learn to manage what you have and maximize opportunities to save.
- Smoking Cessation | This class will discuss the health risks of smoking and direct you to resources to help you quit.
- Infant Massage | This class will teach ways to promote nurturing and communication with your child through massage. Parents and caregivers are welcome.
- Relationship 101 | Learn how to identify healthy vs unhealthy relationships and how to effectively communicate.
- Breastfeeding 101 | This class will teach you the basics of breastfeeding and go over its benefits and some expectations.